Established in 1917, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE) is a top-ranked and renowned institution of higher learning in China, attracting excellent students to pursue their academic study on its campus. The university is located in the city of Shanghai, a vibrant and dynamic metropolis with diverse cultures, convenient transportation, delightful climate and unique international working and living environment.
Dedicated to providing quality foreign language teaching, the School of Foreign Studies is responsible for recruiting English language instructors and the implementation of language teaching and administration.
International English Instructors:
I . Requirements
1) Language: Native English speakers
2) Major: Liberal Arts and Business preferred
3) Degree: Bachelor degree or above
4) Certificate: TESL/TEFL/CELTA, etc.
5) Experience: 2 years or above teaching experience at the advanced level
6) Others: In good health, aged 22-55, TESL/ TEFL certification preferred, relevant working experience preferred.
Ⅱ. Job Description
1) Courses: Spoken English, Western Culture, Communicative English, English Writing, English Speech and Debate, Introduction to Linguistics, etc.
[Usually 2-3 different courses every semester]
2) Teaching Hours: 16 teaching hours/week (45 minutes/teaching hour)
3) Office Hours: 2 hours/week
Basic Monthly Salary: BA: RMB 6,500 (post-tax);
MA& Ph.D.: RMB 7,500 or above (post-tax)
1) Monthly accommodation subsidy (if not living in the apartment provided by the university): RMB 2500-3000;
2) Annual airfare subsidy: RMB9,000 for USA (varies from different countries);
3) Annual in-city public transportation subsidy: RMB1,000（RMB500/semester）;
4) Medical Insurance；
5) Paid winter vacation and summer vacation if contract is renewed for another academic year;
6) Paid Public Holidays as stipulated by Chinese laws and regulations.
7) Course Leader subsidy (if selected or voluntary): RMB 2000/semester.
Ⅳ. Contact Us
Simona Li （School of Foreign Languages）
Tel：+86 021 65903523